SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Last Solar images of 2015

Pete Presland

A much less stressful day than my last session. The usual set up Lunt50mm/DMK21au618, first light with the double stack :grin: It certainly improves contrast by a considerable amount.

AR 2473

post-5271-0-73032900-1451682054.png

A very nice filament

post-5271-0-69832000-1451682060.png

2 pane mosaic, I have tried unsuccessfully to create a pseudo flat frame to get rid of the dark line running across the centre

post-5271-0-46481300-1451682049.png

Looking forward to getting further along the "learning curve" with the double stack.

Nice Pete, a good way to end the year.

I really liked the look of the Lunt 50, if I couldn't get a good working Quark I was seriously considering one.  To get rid of the uneven field, you might try rotating the double stack on the front, to see if you can find an angle where the two Etalons cancel each other out.  This is what I had to do with my Lunt 60 and once the optimum rotation and tuning was found I never touch it.

The other thing you could do is if you use Firecapture, you can take a flat which is applied in real time.  I do this for my Quark, just defocus enough to loose all of the surface features and then hit the flat field check box.  If you change resolution of frame size you have to re-do it, but it works great for me.

The rotation trick is the best option, best to get the field as even as possible optically before correcting with the electronics.

Robin

Archived