Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milky Way and moonrise

A very nice shot T-Wing. What's that in the top left, galaxy or neb?

I tried my first last night but nowhere near as good as yours.

Thanks!

I think you're looking at the Andromeda galaxy at about 10 aclock.

Really nice image. Ive just started taking widefield shots with my canon 700D, would you mind posting the details, camera/lens/iso/exposure time/f.no etc.

Cheers

Stevr

Hi and thanks!

The camera is a Samsung NX1. ISO 3200 20 seconds at f/2.0 with a Rokinon 12mm.

You could probably do 25s but since I'm very allergic to star trails I try not to exceed 20s :)

The 700D will probably produce a little more noise, maybe you could try 25 and a lower ISO.

I've seen great pics taken with it so I'm sure you will too. Just avoid Light pollution and the moon as far as you can.

--TW

Thanks for the reply. Ive been out a few times in between clouds & have had mixed results so far.

At the moment im only using the kit 18-55mm ef-s lens which isnt ideal as it only goes to f/3.5. Im hoping to get the Samyang 14mm f/2.8 soon, although im happy with the images iv had so far (cant post any right now as my laptop is kaput so posting tbis on my phone). Ive found 20s @ iso 1600 f/4 to be the sharpest setting but its all trial & error right now. Thanks for ur advice.

Steve

Archived