PST stage 1 or 2 mod kit on eBay - erf question?

moriniboy

There is currently a kit on eBay US to convert a f10 refractor into a stage 1 or 2 mod.

My concern is that it uses a 1.25" Baader planetarium 35nm H-alpha filter as the erf on the ep and still uses the original erf up front. This means that instead of 40mm aperture hitting the original erf it can be 100mm plus and it would not have been designed to deal with this sort of energy.

My stage 2 scope followed the 75mm internal d-erf behind the objective route which works brilliantly and I would hate for someone to compromise their sight by using an incorrect filter.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coronado-Solar-Telescope-with-complete-PST-MOD-KIT-baader-planetarium-h-alpha-/181958023654?hash=item2a5d8b19e6:g:QjkAAOSwv-NWaimC

post-13264-0-63068100-1451581454_thumb.p

post-13264-0-06026200-1451581458_thumb.p

Pete Drew will comment on this soon I imagine/hope. I had a small concern over the paragraph that mentions it's age and condition (specifically the comment about etalon degradation over three years). Peter will gen us up - what he doesn't know about solar ain't worth knowing. :)

(potentially it looks like a good purchase)

Archived