Greetings From The North West Of England

Starbot

Greetings to all members. I have just joined the forum so I thought I would drop by and say hi. I live in Colne, Lancashire in the North West of England, UK. I have a lot of time on my hands these days so I decided to find something to do and share with my Grandson that we both are interested in. After talking with my Grandson we found we had a shared interest in astronomy. Let me point out from the start that we are complete beginners and will literally have to start from the very beginning, (a very good place to start). Sorry almost burst into song there...lol

We have discovered that we are only 17 miles from The Astronomy Centre based above Todmorden in the North West of England and so will be paying them a visit in the very near future. I recently subscribed to The Sky At Night magazine and have found various websites to read and discover things we need to know.

Many thanks and kind regards

Craig  (Skybot)   :)

SGL welcomes you and your Grandson, Craig.  You have a sense of humour I see, and you've obviously seen "The Sound of Music",

hence your almost bursting into song. Starting at the Beginning is a good place,

and many who have joined this form also were beginners, but were soon transformed into 

very knowledgeable members. 

If you look around the SGL Boards, you will  perhaps find areas of particular interest to you both.

There are tutorials that cover many aspects of astronomy, and anything

that you need to know, don't hesitate to ask, and answers will be quickly supplied.

We hope you and your Grandson enjoy your stay with us.

Best Wishes.

Ron.

Welcome Craig, also check out Heaton Park Astronomy Club, they are not too far away and meet on a Thursday night from 7. I've been down there a few times this year, they get telescopes out if the skies are clear - though the light pollution from manchester will be worse than where you are - and have talks about something astronomy related if the weather is poor (I think they might be running out of talks this year though, i think they've been outside twice since they started up again in September!)

Archived