SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

2015 - my personal lunar sketching review

acr_astro

Hi all,

these days nearly everybody is doing reviews on the year that's just about to be over - so why not doing a personal lunar sketching review of the year that went by? wink.gif

So, here we go:

• When looking back to 2015, my feeling is that it has more or less always been too cloudy, too foggy, too bright, too early or too late for lunar sketching. But in fact that isn't true: I did twenty-two sketches of the moon or of parts of it. So it wasn't a bad year at all!
  • I have read wonderful feedback on all of my sketches I've posted here.  A big thanks to all of you! thanx.gif
  • A definite highlight of the year was the lunar eclipse of Sep 28th. This was my first sketch of a lunar eclipse and actually my first sketch using sepia pens at all.
  • Due to unfavorable weather conditions - or bad planning  grin.gif  - I did some sketches with the tiny Skywatcher Heritage 76/300. Most of them were sketches of the whole visible moon. Another "first" of 2015 for me. My resumee here is: Use whatever scope is available at the time!

Oh, before I forget...Here's a collage of what I'm talking about:

post-34493-0-94150400-1451490240_thumb.j

See you in 2016!!!

Clear skies!

Achim

Archived