SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Berlin, Germany

calli

Hi, I am Carsten from Berlin.

I started about 35 years ago with a cheap refractor from a friend. After some other hobbies I did come back to Astronomy in March 2015 because my brother in law had that skywatcher 90/910 collecting dust in his living room. I replaced all the grease (which was hard) and pointed this thing to orion. Attached my DSLR (Nikon d3100) with a self printed adapter and made some images. WOW THERE IS COLOR :-) After getting a bit into stacking even more WOW.

OrionStack2_ReGIMP.png

However due to the fact of high light pollution here I never found some other (at that time) interesting objects and I could never polar align the mount very good.

A few months ago I purchased a Celestron Mak 127 NexStar SLT. Finally I can find some intresting objects and I am ready to watch in minutes. Perfect for me, of course not the best choice for astrophotography but I just want to take images as reference and dont want to compete with Hubble...

Mak127_D3100_k.jpg

I put it on a more sturdy tripod.

For all my (ok'ish) images see my signature.

M57_PI_GIMP_10102015.png

I am also designing and printing things for my telescope: http://www.thingiverse.com/calli/designs

Cheers,

Carsten

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Carsten / 'calli' and welcome to SGL.

Looking at the items you have made; SGL member 'Gina' has some competition.

(apologies in advance Gina if you are reading this).

I could find some interesting topics from Gina bulding printers, but a competition I did not find.

Or a thread to show off some designs.

Carsten

I could find some interesting topics from Gina bulding printers, but a competition I did not find.

Or a thread to show off some designs.

Carsten

I apologise Carsten if English is not your first language. This 'competition' is nothing like a competition where you win a prize, but in the sense of two organisations producing the same or similar items.

I apologise Carsten if English is not your first language. This 'competition' is nothing like a competition where you win a prize, but in the sense of two organisations producing the same or similar items.

Oh, you are right. I did that "competition" not right :-)

Carsten

Archived