Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Philk_80

SkyMax 180 Pro & NEQ6 Pro Synscan - any guidance on either?

Hi

I have just acquired the above and having had a 10" DOB as my last scope I feel I am like a fish out of water with this new scope. It looks great and seems to be the business but can anyone offer any guidance on the dos and do nots of either the scope or the NEQ6?

I am not a newbie to stargazing but certainly a newbie to this scope and stand.

Many thanks.

Phil

You will already know the 180 pro takes a bit to cool down (leave it outside for 4 days  :grin: ) joking aside they do need a couple of hours to cool and work at their best, very much a planetary/Luna scope, but dont ignore bright DSO like globs and M42.

Cant help with the mount

If its any help heres a link to my own experiences with the scope.  Theres much nonsense talked about the 180 but my own view is its one hell of a scope and Neil English agrees with me that its like having a 7" APO.  Its not without its vices but its a kick ass bit of kit.

Save my fingers from typing it all out again and read my article here http://www.astro-baby.com/reviews/Skymax%20180/Skymax%20180%20Review.htm

Mel