Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Prime Focus

Could anyone tell me if it's possible to get prime focus with a Skywatcher Explorer 200p/ dslr combination ? , I know the 200pds will , but the cost just keeps increasing , if I go for the 150pds will I always be thinking that I should have gone for the 200p as it will enable me to see better images .

There is realy no such thing as better images just different what the 200p will give is a greater FL but at the expense of being harder to guide you could argue that in real life situations even the 130PDS could in fact be "better"

Alan

I have used a D5000 attached to the Skyliner, and achieved focus, on the Moon  but the Skyliner is different to the Explorer  by one focal ratio.

I don't remember the combination of tubes and adapters, but it worked, its just that a Dobsonian mounted Skyliner was not meant for astrophotography, but I intend to convert this Xbox Live Vision camera, take some video, capture the stills, stack them, and see what results, all  manually tracked on axis by hand?

Archived