SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello everyone

Mr__W1zz4rd

My name is James and i live in England, I have been interested in astronomy for a very young age. But now at the age of 30 (and thanks to my better half) i have my very first telescope. Is only a Sky-Watcher 100m dobsonian telescope that i got for Christmas but I’m very excited about it. I also have a keen interest in Photography and hope to merge the two interests together and do some astrophotography soon.

So that a little about me and my interests.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome James, I would definitely thank your other half. I am not surprised that you are excited it is a great hobby and first views are always to be remembered. Nice scope to start with. You may never want to spend more as it is hobby that will bring out the best and worst. I would definitely try to get both of you out observing.

Derek

Hi James and welcome to SGL - If you are interested in astrophotography (nebula's and galaxies in particular) then you'll do well to get hold of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' available from the book section of the FLO website. Something of an imagers bible , it should be mandatory reading :D

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Welcome James, I would definitely thank your other half. I am not surprised that you are excited it is a great hobby and first views are always to be remembered. Nice scope to start with. You may never want to spend more as it is hobby that will bring out the best and worst. I would definitely try to get both of you out observing.

Derek

Thank you Derek i was looking at the moon last night with my 25mm EP and a 2x Barlow attachment. i was really impresses the only thing that stopped me was the could sadly.

Hi James and welcome to SGL - If you are interested in astrophotography (nebula's and galaxies in particular) then you'll do well to get hold of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' available from the book section of the FLO website. Something of an imagers bible , it should be mandatory reading :D

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Thank you Swag72 i will certainly look into that. 

Hi James and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on getting your scope, just have to wait for the weather to help you get things started.

Clear skies.

Very true James its a little hit and miss at the moment in the midlands.

Archived