Astronomiser

AstroJOE

Has anyone ordered from this supplier recently? I ordered a 12v DC power supply for a Canon 1100d on the 20th December. I paid via PayPal and the money has left my account but I haven't received any order confirmation from Astronomiser directly. With it being Xmas I appreciate things can take longer than normal but I emailed Andy at Astronomiser at the start of the week and also sent a text message but as yet I haven't received a response to either.

Just to be clear I'm not complaining, I'm just after some reassurance that this supplier is still operational so I know not to worry..,.:

James

Reading the page given by Peter it looks like you might get a reply Tuesday or Wednesday, however could equally be Jan 4th. :confused: :confused:

Over the Christmas period, I will not be taking calls between from the close of business on 18 December 2015 until start of business on 4 January 2016. This is to allow us as much time as possible to work on getting orders out in time for Christmas.

We will be closed and not processing orders or answering emails on the following dates:

• Wednesday 23rd December
  • Thursday 24th December
  • Friday 25th December
  • Saturday 26th December
  • Sunday 27th December
  • Monday 28th December
  • Thursday 31st December
  • Friday 1st January
  • Saturday 2nd January
  • Sunday 3rd January

Looks like like you just missed the 18th date and he has done what he said and not answered calls or emails as specified, then he has gone and had a Christmas holiday for a few days. Seems like a good idea to me. :eek: :eek: :eek:

There was similar on CN a few months back, a bigger store had closed for 3 or 4 days, they said they were going to, they said why (a religuous event), they said when they were closed. Seemed to cause major panic that a retailer actually took a holiday. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Andy's a straight up chap and won't let you down. I've had plenty of stuff from Astronomiser and several good long chats with him. You don't need to worry at all James - it's just Xmas opening times causing the small delay - to be expected this time of year. :)

I got my order for a brand new Canon 700d modified for astro in before the stated deadlines, and asked by email for a delivery date before the christmas cut-off and have had no reply.  Waited in on the 22nd & 23rd Dec but nothing came. :sad:

If the weather had been clear I would be a lot less forgiving. :eek:

Hang in there. I'm sure your order will be dispatched when business resumes after Christmas. An order placed on 20th Dec with any company (unless delivery is gauranteed before christmas), is most likely to arrive before new years. Even retailers need time off to celebrate with family and friends. 

From astronomisers website Christmas opening times http://www.astronomiser.co.uk/christmas.htm

Straight from the horse's mouth. They are closed for business til 3rd Jan.

I placed an order for something online (non-astro related) very late last friday night. It arrived with the post on monday morning. They promised on the website 2-5 days delivery so they kept that promise. Amazing seen as it was a weekend and the last weekend before Christmas.

Cheers guys. As I said in my OP I'm not complaining and wasn't expecting the item before Xmas. I was just a little concerned that I hadn't received a response to my email and texts on Monday and Tuesday.

It's too wet and cloudy here to do anything anyway so I should just be a bit more patient really!

Archived