Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New filters for X-mas!!

Ccolvin968

I have to share how excited I am here since my wife could give two (craps) what I get for my scope. My in-laws spoiled me with an O-III filter and an UHC-LPR filter. Can't wait to get out and use these. I was gone on a work trip for a month then I come home... I haven't seen the blue sky or the night sky for almost two whole weeks. Hurry up clear skies! I have two new toys to go with my three month old 10 inch Dobsonian!!

Hi guy don't fell to bad about the wife not giving two craps mine is the same ,these are IMHO two of the best filter you can have in your arsenal ,but complaining about no weather to view for two weeks I've not been able to view since the summer due to weather, moon, ect  :grin:

Merry Christmas hope to weather changes soon clear skies

I agree with Doug. Those are the very one's most people swear by as the most useful on the most candidates. You've done very well by your in-laws. May I ask - which brand(s) the UHC and OIII filters are?

In the meanwhile, allow me to also give you a 'Poor Man's Christmas Present: A few links to some excellent articles about the filters you now have -

http://www.prairieastronomyclub.org/resources/by-dave-knisely/filter-performance-comparisons-for-some-common-nebulae/

And.....

http://www.prairieastronomyclub.org/resources/by-dave-knisely/useful-filters-for-viewing-deep-sky-objects/

Both are written by David Knisely out of the Prairie Astronomy Club in the USA. I hope you find them as useful as the many who've danced down this lane before.

Clear & dark skies,

Dave

Archived