Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

Jay1989

Hi all, I'm from Cornwall, new to astronomy so will no doubt be asking a lot of questions, sorry in advance lol

I have 2 telescopes, both of which I have no idea how to use properly, I've only used them on the moon so far, but am now wanting to move onto other planets, nebula's etc

I have a small cheap net geographic telescope, only paid £50 for that one

Had to go in to town yesterday to get a few bits for Christmas, ended up getting nothing for Christmas and came home with a Sky Watcher 150p instead, oops lol which came with 2 lenses, a wide angle long eye relief lense and a 10mm lense

Anyway, I'll stop talking now

Thanks

Jay

Thanks mate :) no, weathers looking terrible for the next few days :( managed to get out there late last night, managed to get it set up on the moon and managed to get the finder scope set up to the telescope itself, still needs a bit of fine tuning to get it dead centre of the scope, bit tricky on a moving object lol

Hi Jay and welcome to SGL, the various sections of the forum should be of invaluable help to you, once you get started. If you run into difficulties, just ask in he appropriate section and I am sure whatever you are concern with, can be resolved, enjoy the forum :)

Hi Jay and welcome to the forum. The 150P is a vary capable scope and is certainly popular among many members here, so you know you are in good company. Don't hesitate to post a question in the relevant section as the need arises and remember to take your time, the stars aren't going anywhere soon.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived