Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Stian

Stellarium - Custom list of stars

Hi,

Is it possible to add a custom list of stars in Stellarium? What I would like is to either only display (in stellarium) stars listed in the Nexstar 2 star alignment list. The other option would be to use the default view in stellarium but somehow highlight or change color of the available alignment stars.

Is this possible?

br

Stian

Most alignment stars would be mag 3.5 or brighter, so could you just set that as the limit?

Hi,

Is it possible to add a custom list of stars in Stellarium? What I would like is to either only display (in stellarium) stars listed in the Nexstar 2 star alignment list. The other option would be to use the default view in stellarium but somehow highlight or change color of the available alignment stars.

Is this possible?

br

Stian

It's not possible in generic case, but... what you want to get with custom list?

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I think filtering on the mag seems to be the best option.

Ideally my "custom list" would be highlighted for easy identification of my availible allignment stars,but it looks like it is not possible.

br

Stian

That is why I gave you the list of the 16 brightest stars.  If you know them you will generally know at least two bright stars in your sky.

Stellarium has a Navigational Stars Plugin also for navigational tasks and a Telescope Control Plugin has a custom list of objects for targets, but it can be give difficult correct answer to topic starter, because I do not know final target of using of custom stars list.