SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bulk star charts?

Star Slinger

Hello!

I'm contemplating doing a talk at a local star party next summer called the Table Mountain Star Party. In any case, the workshop will be for beginning astronomers and I wanted to provide everyone with a star chart to take home at the end of the talk.

Does anyone by any chance know of somewhere I can get bulk star charts for dirt cheap prices? Everywhere I have been looking I see them for $15 a piece...and that just can't be right lol. There has to be somewhere I can get them for a bulk price?

Thanks!

Not sure what your budget is, but you might be able to do a deal on some planispheres? They sell individually on Amazon from around $12 / £7 so you might be able to bag a deal on a couple of dozen. You could try some national astro societies to see if they have an outreach programme that might provide discounted product?

Paul

Not sure what your budget is, but you might be able to do a deal on some planispheres? They sell individually on Amazon from around $12 / £7 so you might be able to bag a deal on a couple of dozen. You could try some national astro societies to see if they have an outreach programme that might provide discounted product?

Paul

Planispheres is a great idea, might be worth trying Astroboot, they usually have them at £3.50 a go. Last time I ordered one from them, it came in a package with a star chart and astronomy book (bookshop price £14.99).

Thanks all! I was leaning more towards a solid good quality planishphere yes...but the printouts sounds like a great idea too. I may just hand out printouts along with something else like the little red light I mentioned. The talk will be geared towards VERY amateur astronomers so I was just thinking about something I could gift to the audience after the show that they may find useful towards getting into skygazing.

:)

Archived