SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

2015.12.20 Sinus Iridium-Mare Ibrium

Pete Presland

I imaged this area of Sinus Iridium/Mare Imbrium mostly because of the shadows that being cast across the edge of Sinus Iridium. The shadows have not come out very well, but I think the ripples on the mare look very pleasing!

The usual planetary set up C9.25/ASII120mm, plus Pro Planet742 filter. 3,500 frames stacking 500 in A/S2, lightly processed in CS2

post-5271-0-29556100-1450820200_thumb.pn

Hello Pete!

Good shot, but I'm missing a better resolution. The telescope is well collimated? What were the conditions of seeing.

The number of stacked frames and used the scope could get better.

Have you tried using Fitswork to deconvolution and then attenuate the noise filters?

I do not know what setting you use in AS! 2 but for this number of stacked frames you can use the "Sharpened Blend Raw" by 35% and get a TIF image almost fully processed. Then just give a slight retouching in Fitswork. If you're using it or never used let me send you a basic guide.

Hello Pete!
Good shot, but I'm missing a better resolution. The telescope is well collimated? What were the conditions of seeing.
The number of stacked frames and used the scope could get better.
Have you tried using Fitswork to deconvolution and then attenuate the noise filters?
I do not know what setting you use in AS! 2 but for this number of stacked frames you can use the "Sharpened Blend Raw" by 35% and get a TIF image almost fully processed. Then just give a slight retouching in Fitswork. If you're using it or never used let me send you a basic guide.

Hi Avani, having seen many of your stunning images on here its a pleasure to have some advice from you.

The scopes well collimated, I did a star test prior to capturing these images. The see conditions were typical of the UK to be honest maybe a 7/10. I certainly agree the scope is capable of better resolution in this imaging and most of my planetary images as well.

As for processing I used "Sharpened Blend Raw" by 50% and get a PNG image. I have never used Fitswork, but would be more than happy to try it.

Archived