Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 with my Christmas Present

kendg

Well, I got my present early this year. 

So I just had to have a quick go at M31.

This is 21 x 240 second subs. No darks (it is -20C) but it needs some flats.

Skywatcher ED80 Black Diamond, AZ-EQ6.

I'm pretty happy with this new piece of glass. Should last me a few years til I need to upgrade.

post-42503-0-33385800-1450754260_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Nice image! This is a pretty lame question, but I'm wondering what other galaxy is above it? Or at least it looks like one. If you look at the center of M31, go up to the top, and move to the left a bit, I see what looks like some sort of galaxy as well.

Nice image! This is a pretty lame question, but I'm wondering what other galaxy is above it? Or at least it looks like one. If you look at the center of M31, go up to the top, and move to the left a bit, I see what looks like some sort of galaxy as well.

Yes, that is M110.

Thanks all. 

I'm ready to take the leap into autoguiding now.

I tried it last night and failed miserably. Didn't realize you have to have the mount tracking BEFORE you start autoguiding. 3 hours of pulling my already sparse amount of hair out. 

After I got it set up, I was able to get 1 10 min sub done on nothing in particular and it worked very well. All stars were round. So, with the forecast for clear skies tonight I'll be trying it out.

I might even get brave and try out Astrotortilla. Which was another spectacular failure for me last night.  :smiley:

I can be really dense sometimes, but thanks to the wonderful folks here on SGL I'm usually able to sort things out.

Archived