Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

BinocularSky

Replacement battery for 7Ah power tanks

When, after a couple of years, the low-quality battery that typifies 7Ah "power tanks" no longer holds a decent amoutn of charge, changing the battery can give it a new lease of life.

I've recently done this, and am impressed by how much better it is than even when it was new. The battery I used is a Yuasa NP7-12 12v 7Ah battery, a deep-cycle battery sold for alarm systems. It's a perfect fit in the "power tank" case; just needed me to cut the ring terminals of the battery leads and crimp some spade termnals on.

£16 and half an hour.

Edited by BinocularSky
  • Like 3

Unfortunately the 22Ah one is a tad (*) too large for the 7Ah "power tank".

However, while looking for the dimensions, I found this site where the Yuasa is a lot cheaper than the one I bought:

http://www.rapidonline.com/electrical-power/yuasa-np-series-np7-12-sealed-valve-regulated-lead-acid-battery-sla-12v-7-0ah-18-0635

(In case anyone is thinking of doing the replacement)

For very large values of "tad".