Silicone slides

Hi

On my 200p base I've fitted a 12inch lazy Susan and looking at getting 25mm round silicone glides (as I've seen in various posts) I've also seen in quite a few reviews of the slides that " the slides can be scratchy " has anyone found any probs re scratchy ??

Re above post of mine I got the Teflon pads this morning for base of 200p Dob to calm down lazy Susan being too frisky ,I spent afternoon carefully measuring exactly spaced gaps to fit 6 in number, I adjusted the 6 pads to the same height as the lazy Susan ,wow it's all looking good so I carefully assemble the base and full of anticipation I gently turn the base and CLUNK WHOOPS !!

The carefully fitted teflons are hitting the Allen screw heads under the top base section , my face was a picture ,

Off come the teflons again ,gave up on that idea !! Back to the drawing board, ie plan B.

Plus in answer to my own question the Teflons do scratch and mark surfaces

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just wondering what lubricants people use on their lazy susans? I've just fitted mine and it sounds quite rattly and noisy, even in the house. God knows how loud it will seem in the silent garden at 2am. I'm thinking 3in1 oil wouldn't be thick enough to quieten it down, and grease might be too thick and stiffen it up too much? Any advice?

That's what I decided in the end. I greased it yesterday and it's nice a quiet and feels pretty good. It's got just enough stiction so I haven't bothered fitting the sliders yet. Got a few hours clear sky forecast for tonight so I'll see how it is.

Archived