Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

MikeODay

Rosette Nebula ( NGC 2237 ) - reprocessed

Reprocessed:

Rosette Nebula ( NGC 2237 ) by Mike O'Day ( https://500px.com/mikeoday )

The difference is fairly subtle unless one sees this version and the original together...

Details:

Rosette Nebula in Monoceros ( NGC 2237, 2238, 2239, 2244, 2246 )

by Mike O'Day ( 500px.com/MikeODay ).

The Rosette Nebula surrounds a cluster of bright young stars (NGC 2244) and is around 5,200 light years from Earth.

Links:

https://500px.com/MikeODay

http://photo.net/photos/MikeODay

This image ~ RA 6h 31m, Dec 5deg 2'.

Skywatcher Quattro 10" f4 Newtonian.

Skywatcher AZ Eq6 GT Mount.

Orion Short Tube 80mm guide scope & auto guider - PHD2.

Baader MPCC Mark 3 Coma Corrector (no filter used).

Nikon D5300 (unmodified).

Field of view (deg) ~ 1.35 x 0.90..71 x 30 sec ISO 800.

Pixinsight & Photoshop.

20 December 2015

• Like 3

Here is my final edit ( assuming the clouds ever go away and I'm no longer just rehashing old images, grrr )

image.thumb.jpeg.3541d3efd6cf3fe108a60e9

Edited by mike005
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Astrid
      After a few months of getting used to my new 8 inch beast, I decided to start astrophotography (luckily today is Black Friday in most tech shops in my country). So I decided to drop the idea of buying a DSLR and started thinking about getting a webcam. The thing is that I want to try deepsky AP, so i was wondering, is there a webcam that could get me good results for DSO AP? Don't worry, I don't want anything too fancy because I'll be happy with entry-level images. (i saw some nice Andromeda pictures with 20GBP cameras on this forum so I'm confident that it would work).
      My budget is ±100 GBP, which in my opinion is more than enough for a good webcam . So... is it worth getting a webcam? Or is there something better? Should I wait and raise more money for a DSLR?

Thanks a lot!
      Astrid 

• By MarsG76
      Hello All,
      I'm going through some of my subs which I captured earlier this year, but did not have a chance to process. This is my "War and Peace" nebula RGB subs processed which I captured on 22 June 2020, after the nights of imaging this nebula in Narrowband.
      Imaged at f6.3, 1280mm focal length, through my 8" SCT, cooled and modded Canon 40D for about 4 hours exposure time.

CS,
      MG

• By endlessky
      I would like to share my first picture ever posted and the first real picture captured with my Tecnosky 80/480 APO FPL53 Triplet OWL Series (not counting the test shots for "first light").
      This is IC 1805, also known as the Heart Nebula, taken over 4 nights, under my Bortle 5 home sky.
      Total integration time: 8h 52m 20s.
      Here are the acquisition details:
      Mount: Sky-Watcher NEQ6 Pro
      Telescope: Tecnosky 80/480 APO FPL53 Triplet OWL Series
      Camera: D5300 astromodified
      Reducer/flattener: Tecnosky 4 elements, 0.8x
      Guide-scope: Artesky UltraGuide 60mm f/4
      Guide-camera: ZWO ASI 224MC
      2020/10/07: Number of subs/Exposure time: 1@60s + 80@90s. Notes: No filter, Moon 70% illuminated
      2020/10/13: Number of subs/Exposure time: 2@60s + 11@180s + 1@200s + 12@240s. Notes: L-Pro filter, no Moon
      2020/10/27: Number of subs/Exposure time: 59@180s + 1@240s. Notes: L-Pro filter, Moon 88% illuminated
      2020/10/28: Number of subs/Exposure time: 48@180s. Notes: L-Pro filter, Moon 93% illuminated
      Total exposure time: 31940s = 8h 52m 20s.
      Pre and post-processing: PixInsight 1.8.8-6.
      Unfortunately, the best out of the 4 sessions (no Moon and L-Pro filter) was also the shortest one. But, after waiting for 5 months for my telescope, I couldn't pass up the few clear skies opportunities I got since it arrived, Moon or no Moon.

Here's a link to the full resolution image: Heart Nebula (IC 1805)
      Thanks for looking and commenting!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.