Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

StargeezerTim

25 mins of Rosette Nebula. Surprisingly OK!

Seasons greetings stargazers...

Possibly the last one of the year.... Got nearly two hours of 5 min subs (iso 1600) last night but there was a haze and I only stacked 5 of them (tries stacking them all but result not good...).

Used a UHC filter and calibration frames.

I must say I am very pleased with it for such a short length of exposure. I would love to add to it but no doubt by the time of the next clear night it will be out of view for me.  :sad:

No doubt it will look very grainy... but what do you expect with 5 subs...  :grin:

post-35654-0-74278900-1450631702_thumb.j

• Like 11

Same image with some more aggressive processing! I'm still surprised that it looks as it does with only 25 mins total imaging time  :smiley:

post-35654-0-58198900-1450698541_thumb.j

• Like 5

Great image! Ive just got my camera modded so Im looking forward to giving the rosette a go! Why will it be out of view for you though?? Surley its only just starting to come into the rosette season?

Great image! Ive just got my camera modded so Im looking forward to giving the rosette a go! Why will it be out of view for you though?? Surley its only just starting to come into the rosette season?

Depends when the next clear night is! Seriously though, at the moment, it disappears over my roof at about 3.00am and the street lights don't go off till midnight, so I have a max of about 3 hrs a night of good conditions for the Rosette and that is getting less day by day.  Just the way my garden, trees and house is situated...

thats very nice...unfortunately it doesn't look like i'll be getting out for more images until at sometime in 2016 looking at the forecast

Nice small stars and tight focus. It is, as you say, very good for the exp. time. It really is.

Olly

Looks great,I am gearing up to start deep sky imaging with a DSLR. Was this taken with a modded camera?

Looks great,I am gearing up to start deep sky imaging with a DSLR. Was this taken with a modded camera?

Yes..its a modded camera but you can image the rosette with a un-modded camera. Tim.