Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY PoleMaster

johnrt

2 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

I'm having the issue thacentroidmouse click on the centre of  the stars very accurately, my mouse pointer seems to lack the resolution... any had this issue?

I dont think it matters, the software works out the centeroid I belIeve

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Astroscot2 said:

I dont think it matters, the software works out the centeroid I belIeve

So when it asks you to click on polaris (and later to click on s second star), you don't have to click on the centre of the star each time? On my screen polaris is a white blob several pixels across (possibly my polemaster camera lens is slightly out of focus) and it's hard to click on the centre of the blob when even the tiniest movement of my mouse sends the curser too far

I use the small magnified window to get it as close as possible (I tend to use the ends of the cross to judge the distance from the edge) and then click there and it seems to work ok.

I think I have read somewhere that it is easier if you use a mouse with one of those roller things in between the two keys  (I was never very good with names!), but I can't remember where and have never tried it, so maybe others can comment on that. But in truth, I wouldn't worry too much. I have always thought that the limitation of the system is the bolts used to adjust the mount (that's on an NEQ6, so not sure if the CG5 is better) and that the software works well beyond that. Have you checked your accuracy using something like PHD2?

HTH

I got one of these last week for my NEQ6 and tried it for the first time last night and I have to say it works very well indeed. 

Out of curiosity I polar aligned manually (using date and time on the setting circles) first and then tried the polemaster. My manual alignment was really close (only had to adjust the mount a fraction but that might have been a fluke, I'll know better in time). 

As far as I can see, you do need to be able to see Polaris if you're in the Northern hemisphere but, as long as you can, personally I think it's a great bit of kit. 

• 1 year later...
On 19/05/2016 at 20:43, Singlin said:

This is not a picture of my setup as my scope is in my observatory and it is +2 degrees outside and I don't want to roll my shed off the scope.

The picture is a copy of one on the mesu yahoo group. It shows where the polemaster is attached to the Mesu.

Immagine.jpg

Just to make sure - did you just unscrew those two bolts? Are they not there for a reason like holding something inside?

Archived