SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M33 Triangulum 50 mins to blow off the cobwebs!

Notty

Massive crop of my first trip to the stars in about 6m for various reasons, wanted to point at something obvious and check I still knew how all my kit worked etc! Through the ED80 DS with modded 1100d, 10x5 mins guided and stacked in DSS with minor Photoshopping. Flats darks and bias, but I'm still not happy I have the flats down yet, as the are bunnies showing on the resultant stacked images, but they are captured on the flats too so I don't know why they're not being adjusted out. I'm using a laptop screen with the camera set to AV and the histogram 1/3-1/2 across from the left which I read somewhere.

Since starting out 2y ago I've done a few rough and ready DSOs now just to try and get my workflow end to end so next time it's all about more data, much more, to see how the images improve.

I had strange behaviour from astrotortilla after my time away.... I pointed it at a few things and it kept giving me "no solution" messages but seemed to be pointing it at the right target anyway. It didn't do that before!

post-29092-0-23998500-1450037058_thumb.j

Archived