Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What spec laptop should i buy for my ASI 185MC

I would expect almost any modern laptop will cope with capturing. But a lesser specified one will struggle. I use an i3 processor at 2.2 Ghz but it has a very poor video card. The video uses some of the main memory, bad idea. Also of the two laptops I use the older Sony has only something like 700 horizontal lines. So Maxim DL will only work in a smaller subset of display, I.e. some of the command icons are hidden, it is a real pain. The other has about  900 display if I remember and is OK, but slow. I am going to update to a better PC. Not a laptop as you cannot change out internal cards. I am going to build a small micro PC that runs off 12 volts.  

It is a matter of choice really. Most will be content with a laptop because of mobility.  Minimum screen size  for me is 17" for a laptop. With a small PC you can use whatever size screen you want.

Derek

Archived