Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

celestron c10 ngt

hi im looking for some help if anybody can help ive recently bought a 2nd hand c10 ngt celestron scope 2nd hand for myself and my daughter for xmas and we are looking for a bit of help setting it eq 5 mount up i have the latitude for dublin 53 but im not sure what the other ring dial on the eq5 mount is for could you help me get it set up for xmas night thank you john o donnell and isabelle thanks i know that it has to be pointing north at the polar star for aligment i had a small scope before but the c 10 is more advanced for us we got it a the wright price so we bought it any help would be much appericated thank you

Hi,

I hope this does not seem like a cop out but this video will help more than a typed description that I can produce would I think. It covers the EQ5 Pro mount which has GOTO and I think is similar to your mount:

Hi John & Isabelle

The video says it all, but if you don't have a GoTo EQ5 and are doing visual it's much simpler.

Level the Tripod, roughly align on Polaris with the weights straight down, you're done for visual.

During the day, point the scope at a distant object and get focus, much harder to find rough focus at night.

Then align the finderscope to point exactly at the same point on the distant object.

Michael

Archived