HEQ 5 mount

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just opened the side and top to see what I,m letting myself in for and notice that my HEQ5 is belt driven is that going to be harder to do? I can see the motherboard and I can also see why the side has to be removed (to get to those screws ) but worried that its belt driven

I thought of that but there isnt an issue with power supply, so it could be the lead or hand controller maybe but its seems strange that eqmod wouldnt work and now this, ideally i would have liked to try another handset or cable but dont know anyone close by with one . just hoping it is the motherboard now

As Louise says, it could be a power issue. Mine failed at the female DC connection on the mount. Can you tell if power is getting to the mount? Does the handset light up at all. I ended up hardwiring my DC supply to the mount to overcome this.

I have just opened the side and top to see what I,m letting myself in for and notice that my HEQ5 is belt driven is that going to be harder to do? I can see the motherboard and I can also see why the side has to be removed (to get to those screws ) but worried that its belt driven

As its belt drive ? how old is this mount sound like a new one !!!!!

the red light comes on and the handset lights up ( it says no connection to mount stand alone). I bought it 2nd hand but think the belt was added by the previous owner, I have ordered the motherboard now ( was very close to ordering a new mount tbh). Really cant believe my luck lately and to cap it all for the first time in a month clear skies typical

Hi and thanks, I did read that link first of all as it happens, I cant say I have checked pc direct tbh, but why would it work the one night then not the next, i even went back to factory settings and no joy

Hi

Was just thinking of possibilities - I don't have any definitive answers and don't have a Synscan myself... Still, if it were me I'd try and check all the connections and supply voltages with a meter before assuming it was a board failure. But since you've already ordered a board I hope that fixes it!

Louise

the red light comes on and the handset lights up ( it says no connection to mount stand alone). I bought it 2nd hand but think the belt was added by the previous owner, I have ordered the motherboard now ( was very close to ordering a new mount tbh). Really cant believe my luck lately and to cap it all for the first time in a month clear skies typical

I stall say it the main board,( The hand set saying stand alone is the give away part.)

just out of curiosity ( and while the wife wernt watching) I tried a cat 5 lead on the hand controller just incase it was the controller lead, came back same thing. Totally gutted as last night would have been the first clear night in over a month im still waiting to try the new scope and camera properly. just hope its not a long wait now. anyone had any dealings with opticstar? normally i get a confirmation email/tracking number but nothing with these

Archived