SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Photometry with Faulkes network

If you give me a week I can provide some further info - I have to write a paper for Uni on NGC957 using Faulkes data :wink:  I just have 2 other assignments to do before Friday which are taking priority!

Helen

Helen I have asked at the BAA variable star section for ideas and am awaiting a reply.

Perseus_m45

I have used the Faulkes scopes for a few years at my small group at Perton Library Staffordshire England but now want to do a bit more than take pretty pics. The idea of being able to get usefull data from deep minima and to be able to look for variation in all of the stars in a field of view is something my small group would like to try.

Helen I have asked at the BAA variable star section for ideas and am awaiting a reply.

Perseus_m45

I have used the Faulkes scopes for a few years at my small group at Perton Library Staffordshire England but now want to do a bit more than take pretty pics. The idea of being able to get usefull data from deep minima and to be able to look for variation in all of the stars in a field of view is something my small group would like to try.

Steve , Since you have posted your question in the double star observing section , I have to say beware when your thinking of using many of these online scopes to collect data on doubles . Most of the time I find that they are not set up to give you a really good image on these subjects . Most are set up to image deep sky  . Have a look at some images from the Faulkes scope to make your own judgment . Maybe see if they might have and image of  Epsilon 1 Lyr already for you to make a decision .

mike h

• 1 month later...

Hi Helen

Have done sone pics of NGC957 please let me know more about your paper please.

I still want to get some callibrated photometry done soon though, I think the 1m scopes have a larger field of view that might enable standard stars to be used.

• 2 months later...

Archived