Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SHOW US YOUR OBSY

Vox45

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The clouds parted for a while here this afternoon and I thought "Ooh I wonder if we'll have some clear night sky" so I looked at the weather forecast and it said thick cloud :(  And, lo and behold, the thick black clouds have now arrived :(  Have to say, I'm fed up with it - maybe a few hours of clear night sky every few weeks but hardly time to get into it again!

Well I would suppose some cloud is better than wall to wall Light Pollution GRRRRRRRR! :mad:

I have dark skies here but they're always cloudy at night :eek:

Same here, have not been imaging since Nov 3rd, seen nothing but cloud, wind and rain since then.

Huw

Lots of very nice obsys :) It's fun to see how people come up with different solution and design to achieve the same goal. I envy you all !

I like the ones with little patio/deck :) two birds with one stone. 

There are some lovely Obsys here! :)

Mine is not quite as neat and tidy, but it functions. Control is by the mini-PC on the pier via remote desktop: local laptop for focusing and a PC in the "study" indoors for those cold clear night that we keep having. ;)

Whoops! Pictures (or it didn't happen!)

post-33415-0-20089400-1450616952_thumb.jpost-33415-0-71487900-1450616953_thumb.jpost-33415-0-82544400-1450616954_thumb.jpost-33415-0-72605300-1450616955_thumb.jpost-33415-0-81335300-1450616956_thumb.jpost-33415-0-90801300-1450616957_thumb.jpost-33415-0-87542700-1450616959_thumb.jpost-33415-0-48664700-1450616961_thumb.jpost-33415-0-48062200-1450616962_thumb.jpost-33415-0-35419200-1450616964_thumb.j

This is my POD with added POD Zenith table on which to slide the dome off.  As you may know PODs restrict the view to the Zenith which really bugged me until I constructed the PZT.

Closed:

PZT+finished+except+ramps.JPG

Open with dome slid across:

The obstructed North East side is mostly obstructed by the house anyway and I can always image to the NE without using the PZT.

The+Zenith.JPG

Carole

Nice one Carole ! Perfect for non DIY with 10 thumbs like myself !

Thanks Vox.  Even the POD had to be assembled with lots of plates screws and sealant and of course the pier footings.  I had to get help with the PZT though as it had to be custom made because of the restricted space by the fence and Shed as you couldn't "get to" where the screws would have to go once the table top was on, so was unable to use the Skyshed's own PZT.  

Carole 

Had to completely re build the garden for mine, there was a pond where I wanted the obs so the best way to fill it in was to dig another pond! Then because of a massive slope (3 steps up) I had to deck the back end of the garden and put the obs in the deck. All good fun!

post-4295-0-48629700-1450774940.jpg

Thanks Vox.  Even the POD had to be assembled with lots of plates screws and sealant and of course the pier footings.  I had to get help with the PZT though as it had to be custom made because of the restricted space by the fence and Shed as you couldn't "get to" where the screws would have to go once the table top was on, so was unable to use the Skyshed's own PZT.  

Carole 

I see. I went through the build thread on your website... more work was involved than I would have thought :shocked:

Still, I like it a lot :)

Had to completely re build the garden for mine, there was a pond where I wanted the obs so the best way to fill it in was to dig another pond! Then because of a massive slope (3 steps up) I had to deck the back end of the garden and put the obs in the deck. All good fun!

attachicon.gifP1000393.JPG

That is one massive undertaking ! good job on the deck and obsy :)

I am a bit disapointed that you did not take the time to take down the building behind. A ski mask and couple of dynamite sticks would have been enough to enjoy an unobstructed view :p

That is one massive undertaking ! good job on the deck and obsy :)

I am a bit disapointed that you did not take the time to take down the building behind. A ski mask and couple of dynamite sticks would have been enough to enjoy an unobstructed view :p

There was 8 of them, unfortunately the 2 left are slap behind us. They were old council houses, they started to demolish those two when they suddenly realised the one on the right is a private house!! oops.

As for the view......they used to obscure the street lights on that road......now they all face my way with nothing to stop them!

Thanks all for sharing, I really enjoy seeing what others have built. Y'all show an amazing amount of creativity and resourcefulness!

I couldn't figure out how to compress my photos enough to get under the 1M limit so I'm going to post links:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/n10jk9206bh91pk/AAC9_-TC210SeCuRF_m_cdi8a

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/c7m4u2a4oowwafm/AABbDqWtoAVSa2rrwaSV-R6Oa

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/arbydfpf5k1lmwi/AAA8ab3eGFA9pznw2yxF_Quea

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ds6u1q4tatmoj6v/AAArBdhwYkIU-TF7-gr11NdSa

Archived