Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SHOW US YOUR OBSY

Vox45

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is my obsy room"dos it count" south facing, i take 90% of my images through the open window with my health being not so good. clear skys charl.attachicon.gifDSC00497.JPG

I wish I had an extra room so I could leave everthing setup at the end of a session ... not fun to have to pack everything at 5am !

Happy to oblige, here is mine, 8 x 8 scope room & 8 x 4 warm room: -

Obsy now stained a darker colour so it blends in better with the surroundings.

SW Esprit 100ED

roof open 2

Launch night,  second proper light with the Mallincam Extreme & SW Esprit 100 ED

Recently changed to Video Astronomy, my first 2 pictures: -

Picture of M42 Orion Nebula taken during the Lunar eclipse.

Moon, taken on 02/10/015

I just hope this inspires others to take the piunge, though a solid pier and some shelter around it is a good start.
Clear skies
Fondofchips.

Really nice setup you have there guys and girls ! Must be pretty sweet to be able to just go and start imaging without having to setup everything :)

I like the design of Gina's roof and the fact that the rails are way below the roof of the warm room. First time I see this design.

Fondofchips, the lantern is a very nice touch and your obsy seems very cosy :) nice one too!

Had to give them to a good home. I gave eight away. Shame really as I had them from about a few months to a year old. I had Ki Utsuri (Yellow and Black),  Showa Sanshoku (white with red and black), Chagoi (brown), and Kohaku ( white and red). Plus several others.

When I was away at Star Camps or on holiday, it was difficult/time consuming for my friend and neighbour to change out water each day, I felt guilty.

So the decision was made to go for an observatory. When I dismantled a chimney breast in the house it went the hole to fill up and save some money. Right in the middle of the floor there is a 5 foot deep concrete pillar support about 2.5 foot diameter. The obsy  base is 7 inches of steel reinforced concrete. The wall sits on an 2 foot wide and 15" deep reinforced concrete ring. Buried about 1/2" under the centre of the concrete is a pipe going into the fish filter house, to allow wiring. The filter house was going to used as the control/warm room. It is 3.5 foot deeper than the surrounding ground so plenty of head room. Shame really.

Now hoping to move so cannot afford  waste money at this stage, as it would need tearing down this next year.

I am very envious of all these great observatories I keep seeing. But darker skies are beckoning!

Derek

Archived