SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pushing the limits - NGC4565 and it's little friend

Sam

Last night I stayed up really late, for me anyway, to do some imaging. NGC4565 was the target. This was 37 45sec shots unguided with a canon 400D on the Orion XT8. Given the moon, the rubbish tracking and lack of subs I think it turned out ok:

6179_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

NGC4562 is also just visible - a bit of a bonus!

I don't know what caused the lines, might have been the ISO1600?

Sam

Well, you've been hunting in the same waters, I see! Hope you get those lines sorted out. There's not much wrong with the tracking I reckon, you got diffraction spikes there. But what do I know, eh? :-)

I found that when I was stacking my M81 + M82 shot I got lines like yours.

It seemed to be as a result of the images I was stacking as when I carefully selected the best 10 (for example) and then stacked the lines disappeared.

I therefore assume it is the stacking which affected mine.

Excellent image Sam,looks like typical horizontal banding noise i would say,easily removed if you have Noels Actions.

I've given your image the reduce horizontal noise tool treatment from Noels Actions so you can see what it does.

post-13543-133877341823_thumb.jpg

Archived