740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

Binning narrow band filters!

libraryman

Even if everyone said 'no' I'd still try it! That's how this game works. (I thought the thirty minute luminance sub was a whacky idea of Yves' but I now use it regularly.)

I guess the problem will be a mismatch in stellar sizes (and shapes.) If you can get to be very good at star masking and star reduction then I think you might get it to play quite happily.

Olly

Edit John's use of the unbinned Ha as Lum makes perfect sense as a way to re-impose good stellar shape on the whole image.

Edited by ollypenrice

O.k. guys, I get that....so you can (with the expertise Olly refers to) mix unbinnned and binned sub's.

I guess I was hoping that the resolution lost when binning the colour would be replaced when you remix in the Ha at 1x1.

Ray

its target specific as is all imaging, id not want to loose resolution of a certain filter, if it responds well on that target, if its a weak single for that filter then it could be advantageous, try and see.

Edited by Earl
  • Like 1