SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What do you all do?

Jared185

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During this abysmal run of weather, ive been either being playing PC JRPG games (Tales of Zestiria), or baking cakes.... =P yum! I got Fallout 4 at the weekend, but have yet to install it.

But last night I set up the EOS bayonet system for the Star71, I can now happily quick change between the CCD and DSLR :)

Chocolate sponge with Tia Maria whipped cream, milk choc topping with popping candy:

post-5513-0-09691800-1449562345_thumb.jp

What Stereo microscope did you purchase Chris?

As a 'newbie',I'm quite interested in upgrading at some point.

But,as with telescopes-the options are bewildering.

New (more than likely made in China,probably with plastic gears,etc) or old,pre-owned(better build quality,but worn)?

I'd like a stereo microscope,at some point,but my first option would be a compound microscope with fine focus,a mechanical stage,and L.E.D. lighting.

Two E.P's would be nice,to lessen eye strain.

X1000 oil immersion would be optional,but not essential.

Hi, I'll PM you :)

Astronomy has been part of who i am since i was about 6 yrs old so i dont see it as a hobby. Its part of who i am.Its ingrained in me. I dont feel the need to rush outside every clear night,nor do i get annoyed by bad weather.

My 1st observing session since Spring (due to ill health,summer and weather) will be the Geminids in about a week.

I'm sure all this poor miserably weather in the U.K. Is down to me last Saturday morning I received my brand new Altair 102 triplet and heq5 mount with all extras... Spent so much on gear and only last night got them all out the box to see how it all looked for the first time..... As you can imagine Mrs shaw is not happy at all but I'm not magic haha ..

My other hobbie (apart from family time with kids wife and dogs ect) is my motor bike but I seem to be picking hobbies that are dictated by the blumming weather as a superbike and rain don't mix well either....

So while I wait for the weather to hurry up and do one I'm sat playing with the imaging laptop getting all programs downloaded and playing about with and also I own a Xbox one which is bad aswell for the late nights on call of duty..

Clear skies everyone

Darren

Astronomy has been part of who i am since i was about 6 yrs old so i dont see it as a hobby. Its part of who i am.Its ingrained in me. I dont feel the need to rush outside every clear night,nor do i get annoyed by bad weather.

My 1st observing session since Spring (due to ill health,summer and weather) will be the Geminids in about a week.

Yes, the observing is only a small part of my interest too. If I can't get out for a couple of months I don't worry. I had a scope from a kid until my mid twenties and then went years without one but kept up my interest and reading on the subject.

Hi Jared 185,

It's best if you never pass up the chance to observe when condition allow. That way you have notes to add to your observing log and can work to an observing plan for next time. Alternatively look into radio meteor detecting, it works 24/7 is oblivious to weather and is a fascinating subject in its own right.

Best regards,

Steve

Hi Jared 185,

It's best if you never pass up the chance to observe when condition allow. That way you have notes to add to your observing log and can work to an observing plan for next time. Alternatively look into radio meteor detecting, it works 24/7 is oblivious to weather and is a fascinating subject in its own right.

Best regards,

Steve

Monitoring radio meteors used to be a very rewarding pastime but since the demise of the big analogue TV transmitters it's not so good. I know there are French RADAR transmitters you can (supposedly) use but when I tried I never got a decent reflected signal from it.

ChrisH

Other things that keep me busy:

Guitar and drums at home.

Motorbike when the weather allows.

Reading and learning image processing, alignment etc.

Improving processing, alignment etc.

Fiddling and building stuff (like my timelapse rig for example).

I don't watch much TV unless it's funny, news, or an awesome movie!

Archived