Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M82 Dob image

Scooot

16" Dob on Equatorial Platform

A single 20 second shot at ISO 1600 with Canon 450D  attached to Paracorr

I haven't been able to use a scope for so long because of the weather I decided to reprocess this image I took in June with PixInsight on trial. I'm quite pleased with it considering its a single frame with no flats or darks etc  :grin:

post-20507-0-36878400-1449358718_thumb.j

Nice image from a single unguided exposure. What is Paracorr?

Thanks phil, a paracorr is a coma corrector. I use it mainly for visual but it also enables me to insert it into the 2' focusser with the camera attached.

FTFY

Nice shot.

Thank you.

It was my dobsonian standing on an Equatorial Platform not a Newtonian on an Equatorial mount. :)

post-20507-0-56752400-1449532854.jpeg

This is a pic of its base and turntable on it, only just fits. I don't usually use it with this scope as I need a step when it's standing on the platform.

Thank you.

It was my dobsonian standing on an Equatorial Platform not a Newtonian on an Equatorial mount. :)

This is a pic of its base and turntable on it, only just fits. I don't usually use it with this scope as I need a step when it's standing on the platform.

Ah, gotcha. My apologies.

Archived