hi everyone. is anyone from india around here?

positron

My name's Abid Irfan , i'm from india. i like reading and learning new things( at the moment these include my electronics amd communications engineering degree, some material science , religion , (recently) stargazing ..) my first exposure to astronomy was a small book my parents got me while i was yet to enroll in school (theyre AWESOME). They took me to planetarium sometimes . i currently do casual app-based stargazing with the skeye android app and sometimes try to use microsoft worldwide telescope (they sure have some cool tours .... and access to gamma ray, Cosmic microwave background ..... i guess it is powerful).  i want to learn more and i'll try to open my mind to all your advice.

Hope to have a good time here.

Thank You all 

may god bless u :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

and by the way.. can someone suggest a reading list?

Hi Abid and welcome to SGL, sorry I am not from your part of the World, but as pointed out, there are a few forum members who have registered as residing in India.

You will gain a lot of helpful advise from reading the posts in the various sections of the forum, but one piece of literature in general I would recommend you read is " The Backyard Astronomers Guide " Dickinson and Dyer, a general all round book, that covers a basic grounding in Astronomy, very popular among our forum members, enjoy the forum :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived