Hi from Shoreham in Sussex

Spooked

Just wanted to say hello. Been lurking for a week now and just received my new telescope today. It's a Explorer 150p tube only.

Got to sort out a form of tripod for it.

Is there a for sale section?

Lots to learn which is making my head spin a bit but looking forward to embarking on the journey. Hope I don't annoy too much with my daft questions that I will probably have :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Shoreham, I'm Balok in Canada - pleasure to meet you - sounds like your off to a rockin' start.

Take your time with the tripod seletion ; its the foundation of your "house"

These folks can handle any questions, everyone's a newbie at something in astro.

Thanks for the hellos and welcome :) I'm kind of thinking that the only type of photography would be with my compact if that's possible.

Wanted to try and keep the cost down so probably about £150 tips if that's doable?

I've been to Alberta but certainly not the Canadian Shoreham :) beautiful beautiful place :)

Hi and welome to the forum. If you're in the market for used kit (...in particular mounts for your scope) then you might want to take a look here for the latest astro classifieds. Don't forget to ask questions here (under the relevant sections) on anything you find there as to its suitability.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanks we can breathe. Been keeping an eye out but not found anything that's going to take the 150. The tripod legs are available but not the mount so far as I can see. But then I might be being daft not knowing what I really need...

Archived