SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IMPORTANT - Downtime Tonight 10pm 04/12/15

Hi all,

SGL will be down from 10pm tonight until the early hours of the morning - we are getting a nice shiny server upgrade :-)

This is our biggest server upgrade yet and it will enable us to add some new features in the next few weeks as well as upgrade to the new version of the forum software we use.

SGL will not be accessible whilst it is moved and you may find it takes a little while for your DNS cache to update with SGL's new IP address - hopefully by the morning though everyone will be back on.

Cheers,

Grant

Welcome back :-)

Apologies this took a little longer than hoped - we had a couple of little hiccups along the way not to mention, SGL is pretty big now so takes a little while to move around.

Thanks for your patience - everything should work as before but if anybody notices any quirky (with the forum software :-) ), please let me know...

Cheers,

Grant

We did this same upgrade on EMS only ten days ago or so. I've been quite happy with it over there - few if any problems, some old features gone and one or two nice new ones added. I'm sure the SGL upgrade will go just as well - but I know there's a lot of hard work behind it. So a big thanks to all the SGL staff involved in the upgrade, and well done chaps! :)

• 4 weeks later...

The move happened nearly a month ago now :)

I edited the thread title to include the date the downtime was scheduled....  I often in threads with tonight / tomorrow reference get input way past their sell by date... I know the date that the thread started is on there but it's pretty easy to includes the date but I guess know we are a truly international forum we should remember that MM/DD/YYYY isn't used worldwide ;):)

Peter...

A nice big sticker ( EXPIRED ) at an angle across the post  ( IN RED   :p  ) after it has been done would be a sure fire way!

I did a double take when I came across it the second time and nearly also misread it !!!

Derek

Archived