Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 29.11.2015

Pete Presland

Still early in the season for Jupiter, as it still requires a lot of effort to get out of bed at 3:30am. The conditions have not been great as well, but you have to be in it to win it as they say!

the usual planetary set up C9.25/ASI120mm. 4,000 frames per channel stacking around 600 in A/S. The RGB combined and processed in CS2.

Pleased to catch a shadow transit and moon transit, Europa I think, then the GRS so it was well worth getting up!

post-5271-0-01664700-1449004394_thumb.pn

Looking good, worth getting up for.

Is the date correct though? That looks more like the morning of the 28th with Io being the moon.

Thank you for correcting me. You are exactly right it was Saturday and the moon was Io not Europa. At least somebody remembered the correct info, i blame these early mornings  :shocked:  :grin:

Thinking about it i thought the Ephemeris on Firecapture said Europa, but i checked Calsky when i was imaging and it that confirmed it was Io. So i have done well to get it wrong after checking  :confused:

Thank you for correcting me. You are exactly right it was Saturday and the moon was Io not Europa. At least somebody remembered the correct info, i blame these early mornings  :shocked:  :grin:

Thinking about it i thought the Ephemeris on Firecapture said Europa, but i checked Calsky when i was imaging and it that confirmed it was Io. So i have done well to get it wrong after checking  :confused:

No problem. I had the advantage of not being up at 3am !!!!!

Archived