Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

RE-EDIT NGC 896

CELESCOPE

Hi Caz,

No probs gal,after all it does depend on an individual as to how they like to see an image , but in a bit of defence, the camera i use a web cam modded ,does deliver a lot of noise in an image , a tremendous amount of work sometimes has to be done to eleminate this, doing what we call dark frames and substracting data , and doing flats to smooth an image , there are many other ways of achieving this , all this software package does is to make the whole process easier to get the final result,

As for the diffraction spikes , these can be achieved by sticking bits of cotton over the end of the scope ,in the reflector it does the job for you by way of the vanes in the tube . all this does once again is to use digital process for them i have tried both methods and can see no difference .

The thing is where do we draw the line , i have an open mind on all , with the intro of narrow band filters being used now instead of the normal RGB or LRGB this once again gives s different colour to the final image a falsh colour , but ! hey !! does it improve the image gives more detail and to me a great colour difference , Blimey i have gone on here !! :lol:, but like anything Caz we have to get used of the software anyway maybe i have gone a bit harse on this one , but thanks for the feed back , and if you ask advice ,it will be given !!ok !! Kiss !! heheeh

Rog

:(

Archived