Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Editing images for timlapse

Hi folk,im looking to create a timelapse with some dslr raw files,ive read somewhere you have to reduce file size before batch processing,is this correct and where can i do it.

Can anyone help with which workflow i should be doing.

I find most tutourials ive watched just focus on settings and setup...ive got my images and now need a pointer in right direction.

Thanks

Kenny

It is quite possible to script the processing and apply it to full sized RAW images if you need the additional information for your image processing. It might not be necessary most of the time but I tried it on some Milky way time laps I took on Tenerife and it did help bring it out additional color and contrast. I used the recipe function in Canons Digital Photo Professional to apply some pretty aggressive curves and then down scale the image but most serous programs should be able to something similar.

Google LRTImelapse, it works with Adobe camera raw or with Lightroom. This allows you to do timelapse processing in batch, using key frames.... Basically, pick beginning middle and end, process these 3 frames and the software interpolates all the others to suit.....

Archived