Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

xtreemchaos

Strange objects near the moon

Strange objects near the moon. while imaging the moon lastnight i found this i havnt a clue what it is. can anybody shed some light on it?. taken with ed 80 ,450d. at about 21.30. thanks for looking  charlpost-40095-0-29299400-1448711598_thumb.jpost-40095-0-99243100-1448711556_thumb.j

Looks a bit like Santa having a practice run or could be a supply ship for the Lunar base, its certainly interesting though.

Alan

• Like 1

The Iridium 12 satellite was in approx that position relative to the moon at 21:36:55 last night.

Nothing else shows up on stellarium around that time... not that Aliens would take much notice of that though :eek:

Could it be something military and therefore classified?

Very strange.

Nice catch though.

Best regards.

Sandy.

• Like 1

thanks everyone for your replys, satelite sounds good ,exposure time was 1\400 iso200. clear skys charl.

To my eyes it appears cylindrical, with 3 rocket nozzles? in a triangle at the left end,  with a white highlight at the right end, and a fainter highlight about halfway between.

Launch vehicle upper stage?

Michael