SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astronomy magazines

I have a subscription to Astronomy Now, but reading it doesn't last a month so I was thinking of signing up for another one.  Having had a quick look at them they all seem to cover similar topics to AN i.e. they're all doing something on Einstein at present.  Does anyone get two magazines where the overlap in subject matter is sufficiently small to make it worth buying them?

Thanks,

Robin

I've been buying Astronomy, S&T, and Sky At Night for the last 12 months. Sky At Night is a very friendly, beginner oriented mag. S&T seems to me to focus on AP and strong science. For my money Astronomy provides a good balance.

I've purchased a couple of issues of All About Space in the past, which is fine if you want to read about colonising other planets.

I get both Astronomy Now and Sky at Night magazines and find plenty of interesting articles in both as they do cover different aspects of the hobby and have a different editorial approach. If I'm going on holiday and want some additional reading material then I buy Sky and Telescope to get a different perspective but I wouldn't take it regularly.

I also enjoy writing lack-lustre reviews and getting paid for it :grin: :grin:

I enjoy amateurastronomy which I download quarterly as a pdf and read on my laptop, it's America based and Charlie Warren is the editor,  I buy a 2 year Electronic Subscription and get an email when a new issue is ready. Runs to 80 pages, lots of pictures of astronomers in sunshine !

Just had a look at this - very interesting, might give it a go. You can also buy all 84 back issues on DVD - that would keep me busy for a while!

I get both Astronomy Now and Sky at Night magazines and find plenty of interesting articles in both as they do cover different aspects of the hobby and have a different editorial approach. If I'm going on holiday and want some additional reading material then I buy Sky and Telescope to get a different perspective but I wouldn't take it regularly.

Lack Lustre??   How Very Dare you.

Mr R's  reviews are informative, reliable,  and trustworthy.

So please modify your tone Mr...............Errm!. Oh it is you. So sorry :grin:.

AN don't pay me enough to go on holiday, Steve, so I never get to see Sky and Telescope...  :grin:

Olly

To be honest there's more useful info and interesting things to be found here on SGL and elsewhere on-line each month than there are in all the magazines combined ...  :smiley:

And that's without all the same old same old advertisements clogging up 40 odd percent of the pages ...  :p

The saving soon adds up to new toys in the astrobox ...  :rolleyes:

Archived