Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I've had a Mare with the binoviewers

Fozzie

Mare Humorum that is, and the beautiful surroundings from gassendi to Vitellio, in the most amazing detail I've seen in my equipment, full stop.....

I've just finally got around to having a go with the binoviewers in both my fracs.

It took sometime but after a bit of experimenting I've found focus, that in the small ed gives me a clear whole of the moon experience, and in the f11 gives me enough to fit most of mare Humorum in view.

The detail in two eyes is beyond what I was expecting and probably hoping for, spent the night with the f11 and binoviewers.... happy happy happy!

Clear views of both gassendi m&n as well as the rimae which appear to encircle the central peaks of the crater, a nice complex rille system. The crater walls in the reign of gassendi a appear to rise up in steps.

Following the mare around to Liebig and doppelmayer you pick up the bright verge of Rupes leibig which is punctuated by leibig f. To the west of he Rupes leibig high lands along the terminator rise imposingly casting amazing detail of contrast from light to dark in the encroaching sunrise.

From leibig g, rimae doppelmayer lead into the doppelmayer crater system, I could just make out doppelmayer s, h & p, before doppelmayer itself showed its circular Ray's and central peak, past lea and on to vitello, again here the detail is crisp and clear, central peak and encompassing features all evident, deep crater this one, even more evident with the nature of the binoviewers.

What a difference the binoviewers made, so much detail to see from Ray's, cratlets and fracture systems, but I think the most impressive sight is the effect on the terminator, those mountain ranges just rise up at you... It's like looking at those pictures of weather systems from near earth orbit, you can feel the depth and menace of them..

Think I'm impressed with these binoviewers, and just happy to get a couple of hours to myself..

Really do like our near neighbour!

Thanks for reading from an excitable Fozzie!

Archived