Hello from Canada

stellarflare

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL. Wow! That's some lovely kit you have there! Judging by the background you're in the countryside and probably have great skies to look at without going anywhere on that trailer, but cool the way you have it set up nonetheless.

post-48052-0-35965000-1449522973.jpgpost-48052-0-23520400-1449522988.png

Hi ​Bioboybill and thank you for your kind words! Actually I am in the city and that is a park in the back ground of the picture. I am getting close to completing the restoration to make it mobile. I have to still make up some aluminum supports to hold the telescope in the horizontal position for transporting to a dark observing site that is half an hour from where I am at. I just installed a TelRad Finder Sight with 2 inch riser on the telescope. I am now researching in the market for a astro-camera. I found one that interests me, the one in the picture,  FLI ProLine PL11002 Monochrome Grade 0 CCD Camera - No Mechanical Shutter. It is on the expensive side, that I would have to save up for. $10,495.00

http://www.optcorp.com/ccd-imaging-astrophotography/ccd-still-cameras/fli-pl11002m-0-proline-kai-11002-grade-0-monochrome-ccd-camera.html

Brian                             

Hi purdo and thank you for your warm welcome! It has been to me, a major restoration and upgrade on a system that I have used since the 70s. I have Cave Astrola  rotating rings on it from the 60s, The optics from Coulter Optical Co, from 1977, upgraded the mounting from Astro Physics Co. 1200 mount from the 90s. Just recently installed a new focuser from the original rack & pinion to a JMI 3" EVXTNM focuser with motor. I am wery close to having it mobile soon. Can not wait to get it mobile. Thanks

Brian

Archived