Starsense auto align error

Hello am very new to all this and am disabled so trying to align and setup my nexstar 4se was taking me ages and causing me some discomfort as I could never get it sorted properly so I gave up. Have now bought a starsense auto align system but when I had to update, halfway through the upadate  I had the error message Unknown memory ID appear on the starsense hand controller. I am unable to do anything now I can't get rid of the message and nothing will work at all. Any help much appreciated

Rergards

Avelon

Sorry if this is not in the right Forum place

Hi avelon. Welcome to SGL. Sorry I can't help with you're problem as I don't have a GoTo scope, but hopefully one of the geniuses from here will be along soon to give you help and advice.

Hope you get it sorted out soon and start to get some wonderful views through it! :)

• 2 months later...

Not sure if you solved this or not, but thought I would share the fix for my star sense handset (which has the same error). I received it today, and the first thing I wanted to do was flash the handset with the latest firmware updates. however I noticed as soon as I plugged in there was the Unknown Memory error.

looked around and found not much advice online so went to FLO (the site sponsors). Steve B advised doing a factory rest on the handset (though this is not widely advertised....(you hold down the 0 (zero) key on the handset with the mount turned off, and then turn it on (still holding the 0)....this then allowed CFM to see the mount and handset, and the camera popped up in CFM as well, enabling the updates. Once the updates were done I tried firing up the mount and got an invalid package error....another factory rest then cured that....now the handset fires up no problems and the camera is located by the handset.

So looks like the best way to get around a stuck handset is a factory reset (for anyone else searching for an way round it).

Regards

Archived