Narrowband

Using a William Optics Star Diagonal and Celestron Reducer together

Hi All,

Now I've fixed the self inflicted damage to my scope, I'm left with the original cause of the fiddling. I use a William Optics Star Diagonal on the back of my CPC925. If I happen to be using this in conjunction with my Celestron Reducer, I have something of a problem tightening / listening everything. The Star diagonal in question unscrews in two to allow the fitting of an SCT visual back to it. Once this and Reducer are on the scope together, they actually turn in opposite directions when loostening or tightening. One easy way to solve this would be to turn the diagonal itself rather than the back but I can't do this as the Focuser is in the way.

Probably a very convoluted explanation and possibly not that eloquently put either but has anyone here found themselves with a similar issue? If so, what have you guys find to work around it?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the rambling explanation. To help explain, I'll follow up with s pic of the setup I'm trying to explain.

Andrew

Archived