Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astro buddies wanted

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone - Carls Father recently died, the thread could be seen as a bit tasteless

Carl - if you dont like the contents of this thread, then dont read it.

Thank you, now someone understands.

Carl mate, i know where you're coming from pal, i lost my dad at 12 was awful.

but i'll tell ya mate it gets easier, never goes away but you realise he wouldnt want you to be sad.

this thread is only a bit of fun though none of us mean anythin.

chin up fella

thanks algol, i ain`t sad i`m on the inside but i try to have a laugh here and there and ust get on with life, but i just didn`t like you`re "jokes" i find it disrespectful not only to my dad but to people that have passed on.

Bravo... Choice is what the internet is all about

ps, nothing in this thread is targeted towards ANYONE... all just a bit of fun that can be effortlessly ignored anyway!

Matt

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well it sounds like you have caused a stirr to wake the living dead,

Beware of any ghost images u might see down the eyepiece.

It is clear you might even see where our deceased predecessors actually live when you start to observe all those "Heavenly Bodies" as it were!

Sorry, i am sure i will be "gravely" misunderstood.

Mind you it has to be said an old coffin and a hurse would make an ideal way to transport your kit!

Ok i'll shush now lol

AT

sorry carl for any upset caused. As i said i actually worked in an above mentioned site, for the best part of ten years as i said in my previous reply and having heard everyone of those jokes many many many times before , all have worn just a little thin. But disrepectful i cant agree with since none have ever been directed at any individual at any time other than, usaully the people who's profession this subject covers ie gravediggers and undertakers and believe me we are probably the most guilty of all when it comes to grave yard humour it actually helps us do what is a very very stressful job without going totaly insain regards and deep regrets for your sad loss Pete

Carl - if you don't like the contents of this thread, then dint read it.

I find that an incredible statement to make considering I've been the butt of 1 or two supposedly inappropriate posts :shock: that the resident whingers have complained about, wheras Carl had a legitimate complaint.

I'll make a point of this in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone - Carls Father recently died, the thread could be seen as a bit tasteless

Thank you, now someone understands.

My heart seriously goes out to you. You must be suffering awful pain. My mother-in-law died last year and she was my 2nd mum plus nearly a fairy godmother to my little daughter who still cries. My dad is dying of cancer. I hurt a lot every day but still find a good laugh healing, even this thread which has had me in stitches. (Last night I had some bad news and am depressed and I needed a laugh!) I believe that when people die their bodies are no longer needed as the spirit has passed on and would probably join in the fun. But that's my view.

XXX

My dad is terminally ill with asbestosis which he picked up serving in the Royal Navy (and he can't sue! Crown immunity). I went to see him a couple of weeks ago as things looked dire (he's bounced back though. Yay Dad! :cheers: )

He gave me his old scope (the Soligor I've posted about in other threads) as he and I share a love of astronomy. He wanted to hear about me putting it to good use before he passes.

Bless him. :salute:

On a lighter note, anyone in or around Epsom interested in getting togther for observing? I don't know any grave jokes but my sense of humour is just as bad! :mrgreen:

Archived