equinox 80

Just arrived (2nd hand). I just took it out of the box and put an eyepiece on it (superwide25mm) to see what its like and I cant seem to get focus on it am I missing something here? if i take the eyepiece out and hold it about 4 " away im in focus but the focuser only comes out a few inches have I missed something. 

Simple answer is no didnt know i needed one. I wont be observing much with it i got it for imaging more than anything ( full panic attack then).  I wont need a diagonal on it when imaging will I?

I think this scope was designed more for imaging rather than visual astronomy, so you don't need a diagonal attached to do that.

right then lets fire up the equinox lol.  its a bottomless pit this astronomy but then again i suppose if i bought a rod someone would say you will also need a hook, then a float dont forget a chair, bait/ have you got bait?. its all sent to trial us thx guys

right then lets fire up the equinox lol.  its a bottomless pit this astronomy but then again i suppose if i bought a rod someone would say you will also need a hook, then a float dont forget a chair, bait/ have you got bait?. its all sent to trial us thx guys

Yep! It sure is! Just ordered up a new 15mm EP from FLO. After Chrismas in Feb or March time time for dual 2 / 1.25 inch dialectric diagonal, then after that a 2" EP to use with it too. Oh, after that a OIII filter too. Now, what did I miss out? ;)

DOH I walked away from it last night and had a cuppa and a think then went back up to look at it and went through it again, only had one to many rings on didnt I lol. The ring that was used for screwing into my skywatcher was not needed so took that off and hey presto, just been taking some pics of far off pylons and cant get over how clear it is compared to an 80 spotting scope I once had. So the cogs were working once again and I can even get a pretty high shutter speed (really impressed). This is going to be very handy come the spring for some peregrines. Cant wait for some clear skies now

DOH I walked away from it last night and had a cuppa and a think then went back up to look at it and went through it again, only had one to many rings on didnt I lol. The ring that was used for screwing into my skywatcher was not needed so took that off and hey presto, just been taking some pics of far off pylons and cant get over how clear it is compared to an 80 spotting scope I once had. So the cogs were working once again and I can even get a pretty high shutter speed (really impressed). This is going to be very handy come the spring for some peregrines. Cant wait for some clear skies now

Glad you're up and running OK now. Hope you have a great time with the scope for all your imaging and shots through it. :)

Archived