Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I've been processing this image for quite a long now.
I started acquiring data the last season when I only managed to shoot 3 panels with the Canon 6D through the Esprit 80 for a total of ~7h.
This season I restarted and I added more data and covered a wider area. So a mix of portrait and landscape panels were planned and shot with the same scope and camera. Now every pixel represents at least 3-4h of integration, some have more.
All the above were shot from Bortle 2-3 sites where I traveled sometimes even for an hour of exposure.
To the RGB data I added 17.5h of Ha, same story with the panels. Some were oriented N-S, others E-W. These were shot with the SW 72ED and the ASI1600 from home and Bortle ~7.
Then I figured out I still had time and I planned and shot 9 more panels of luminance with the 72ED and ASI1600, each consisting of 1h of exposure.
I combined all of these into an image, processed it and for the Orion nebula and Running Man nebula I also blended some data I shot last season with the 130PDS and ASI1600 from home.
Below it's my first final version of all data combined. You can watch it in full resolution on astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/full/jni0w8/ or Flickr: https://flic.kr/p/2iBGUXq
I recently posted a picture of B33 using my Optolong L-Enhance filter which was not too bad, a bit red, for my first time trying out Pixinsight. Last night I managed to get nearly 2 hours using my IDAS D2 LPS filter and after watching many Youtube videos I've managed to get the following using my Esprit 100ED and modded canon 450D, 21*300s Lights, flats, darks and bias frames. I think I'm starting to get my head around post processing.