Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wireless intervalometer/shutter release?

tingting44

Howdy folks, my old wired intervalometer broke, it was a cheap £5 that has lasted me a few years so happy with the use from it.

How ever now im in the market for a new one, i dont mind going up to £30-£40 for one, now ive seen they have got wireless one, just wondering if anyone  has had any experiance with them? they seem very nice, as im all ways fumbling at night trying to find my wired one, and most of the time i knock the tripod so these wireless seem great? i like how this one the receiver plugs on to the hot shoe also, would like to hear how they perform from some real people on here :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400842644628?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I would never go back to a wired remote I had a couple of near misses when I walked away from my mount with the remote in my pocket.

The one I use is the Giga T pro 2 but I would imagine they are all similar, the battery life is very good and it has a huge range I often use the remote indoors with the camera outside focussed on an insect friendly plant or bird feeder.

One downside with mine is its not brilliantly illuminated at night if you wanted to reprogram it in the dark and of course if you walked out of range the camera would stop then restart when you moved back leaving you scratching your head if it only captured a few subs.

Alan

Archived