Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1871 - That fascinating region of the Soul Nebula

theo

This amazing region has been on the list of must image objects for quite a while so it was great to get a couple of clear nights just when its sky position was most favorable and to be able to tick this one off!!

A truly fascinating part of the much larger Soul Nebula with some really distinct structure and it lends itself nicely to long focal length work.

Around 12hrs total data in Ha, OIII & SII and mapped to the classic Hubble palette. I must admit to having spent quite a while on the processing for this in order to get the colour balance to where I wanted it and so several iterations later this is the end result. Equipment used is shown at the bottom of the image.

I hope you like it.

Regards,

Pete

post-22012-0-44423600-1447443813_thumb.p

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice indeed Pete - I love this area and you've done it justice. :)

Thanks Sara, much appreciated. Congrats on the APOD by the way!!

I can't see how that could be improved. Stunning pice of imaging.

Olly

Many thanks Olly, that's very kind of you.

That's incredible!

Thank you!!

Stunning image Pete

Cheers Martin!! Hope all is well with you down in Devon.

Very nice image Pete. All your hard work has been rewarded with the quality of your final image.

Thank you Laudropb!!

I'm with Olly on this one Pete. This is the best long focal image of this region have seen to date.

Really appreciate that Martyn!!

Great shot with wonderful detail

Many thanks Michael!!

Archived