hello peeps..

jimbo3165

hi. names jimmy and currently residing in not so sunny and definatly cloudy bolton, just outside of manchester uk. after many years of looking skyward and in awe of the celestial beauty we call our night sky i have finally taken the plunge and bought myself a budget scope to have a peek through.. sky watcher 200 dobsonian. i have picked up a few cheap ebay eyepieces to go with it but have now decided thats all they are,, CHEAP..lol.. gonna have to start saving for some proper 2" gear .. then if all goes well and they open the heavens up a little better then may take the plunge for a better mount for it??

hi. names jimmy and currently residing in not so sunny and definatly cloudy bolton, just outside of manchester uk. after many years of looking skyward and in awe of the celestial beauty we call our night sky i have finally taken the plunge and bought myself a budget scope to have a peek through.. sky watcher 200 dobsonian. i have picked up a few cheap ebay eyepieces to go with it but have now decided thats all they are,, CHEAP..lol.. gonna have to start saving for some proper 2" gear .. then if all goes well and they open the heavens up a little better then may take the plunge for a better mount for it??

When it comes to astro equipment my advice would be to try to and buy the best you can afford. I to am new to the hobby but if you buy cheap you'll end up frustrated and your scope will wind up in a cupboard gathering dust. I wish you well with your adventure.

Clear skies my friend

Hi Jimmy and welcome to SGL, you have chosen a well established scope in your 200 Dob, but the choice of cheap Ebay eyepieces is not such a good move, performance I am afraid with ep`s, comes at a cost, as premium optical glass is expensive to produce, however, you do not have to fork out large amounts of your cash to get some rewarding results. There are mid price range optics that suit the 200 Dob well, if you ask this question in the Equipment help and guide section, I am sure you will finish up with a number of helpful suggestions, which won`t break the bank. Enjoy your new scope and the forum :)

Archived